If you are having trouble getting Cubelet Console, Cubelets Blockly, Cubelets Flash, or the Cubelets mobile app to work when on a network that may have access restrictions (such as schools, businesses, or government), this information may be of help to your IT or tech team.
URLs, protocols and ports that need to be whitelisted:
- Used for checking Cubelet information for OS3 Cubelets
- Checking and retrieving firmware updates for Cubelets
- An http connection that gets upgraded to a websocket connection (below) in order to compile programs written in Cubelets Blockly or Cubelets Flash into code Cubelets can actually understand.
- Used to maintain a persistent websocket connection in order to compile code for Cubelets.
- Endpoint to check for updates to Cubelets Blockly and Cubelets Flash
Our tech team suggests that your IT verifies that WebSocket connections are permitted to compile .modrobotics.com on port 80. Websockets are a special type of http connection and some firewalls require specific configuration to permit these connections.
Occasionally we’ve seen “Layer-7 Firewall” prohibit WebSocket communications.
Still have questions? We’d love to help! You can always reach us at email@example.com